Tag Day 2017
Saturday, September 16th
Report to Stuart at 8am - Finish around 3:30pm
All orchestra students are expected to participate!
This fundraiser provides the money for yearly expense of uniforms, instrument purchase and repair, transportation to festivals and performances, scholarships, guest clinicians, and participation fees in competitions and festivals.
Please wear comfortable shoes, nice jeans, and your orchestra t-shirt
Orchestra parents are needed to make this fundraiser a success!
We need parents to act as drivers for the day. Each parent driver takes 4 students in their vehicle and drives a designated route through the community. Parents' hours are also included in the division of the funds so please volunteer for this very important event.
Please volunteer at this link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0949a9ac29a02-stu
TAG DAY FundraiserTag Day is the most important fundraiser for the Stuart music department in that it benefits all students in Orchestra, Band and Chorus. It is an annual September event in which music students canvas the neighborhoods to request donations for Stuart’s fantastic music ensembles. Every year the students raise over $30k in one day of fundraising. The funds are then divided between the 3 music disciplines depending on the hours of participation from the students/parents in that music discipline.
TAG Day is a long-standing tradition of Stuart High School. Groups of four or six will depart with a volunteer parent driver to go door-to-door in pairs, visiting homes in the Stuart neighborhoods. All neighbors are given a calendar of Stuart music performances, and donors to Stuart receive a tax-deductible receipt for their records.
WHY IS TAG DAY SO IMPORTANT?
- Tag Day pays for a lot of things that the county does not pay for:
- It pays for the varied uniforms worn by the orchestra, chorus, and band students, and the maintenance of all of these.
- It pays for sheet music and competition fees. It might also pay for new instruments, cases, instrument upkeep and repair.
- It pays for the transportation to all music competitions and district assessment performances.
- It pays for visiting clinicians who share their talents with our student musicians.
- It helps to pay the unexpected costs that arise from the Spring Trip.
- A successful Tag Day ensures that the events planned for the music department throughout the school year can really happen. A successful Tag Day helps all chorus, orchestra, band students, marching band and color guard members.